I started it today – the dreaded Fall Clean Up that I am notoriously bad at.
It was really a fairly small gesture condisering the size of the project – why I never do it; it’s daunting and shows no reward in the way that Spring Clean Up does.
When I am done, I will still have a dead garden…
But, I am trying to think long term – PERHAPS, I will be able to get the lovely newbies in earlier next spring and thus, extend the season I adore. Because, I HATE the time between Summer and Fall – more than Winter! Once the leaves really turn and we are full go with Fall, I will like it again.
So, what did I do:
- dumped pots I am tired of watering to no benefit – it is frightfully dry here
- cut back those that can stay so they look better and don’t need as much water
- cut cosmos and sunflowers for vases
- watered the mesclun seeds – I really want some more arugula before the season is over
- took pix with my new phone – still don’t know how to share them on the blog but I have Winter to learn that
- harvested MORE tomatoes – will be making salsa very soon
- picked pumpkins – not a banner year (Note to self: check seeds and get fresh ones next spring)
- cleaned up after the racoons – actually Donny did this: they rampaged the corn the last 2 nights and I have only 5 ears left to make relish
- cut cornstalks for my Fall/Halloween display
There is so much yet to be done, but putting accomplishments in writing should keep me motivated, right?!