- Clematis – three varieties were planted to wrap my lamppost (another romantic notion…) but only one really won; I had hoped that I would have a spring, summer and fall flowering variety but Fall Clematis took over – silly me to not research its invasiveness before adopting
- More Clematis is planted around the deck but while these plants likes cool roots (good to grow something around it to "mulch" it), it needs more sun than I can provide under a maple tree that is probably as old as the house… I get a little burst of a few flowers each year, but not the raging overgrowth I so desire
- Morning Glories – annuals to be added to the trellises that support my perennial Trumpet Vines at the entrance to Big garden
- Cardinal Flower – something I have tried to "start" for years – finally got one of five seeds to sprout; now to find it a home that Donny won’t fuss about
- Trumpet Flowers – but, I have written about that love/hate relationship before…(not that I would take the originals out – I just have to keep them under control…)
- Beans – I found a Long Bean variety that is actually Asian and they grow to 18+ inches quickly. Yummo and so much easier to clean – snap off two ends and then but into 3 or 4 long beans for about 1/3 to 1/4 the work… Stir fry with soy sauce or check my recipe section for another treatment.
If I could, I would love to add a little pergola to the back of the front garage (where there is a small landing, 3′ x 6′ before stepping down to a path); this is the spot that I want to drape in Wisteria. So far, the idea has been vetoed – scariest reason to not do this (besides the strength of Wisteria and its reluctance to bloom effortlessly in our Zone 6…) – snakes…. More on that subject later too!